These ramen inspired noodles served in a veggie-packed flavorful broth is sure to become a cold-day favorite.
Winter Italian Ramen
For the Broth:
1. Heat oil in large stockpot on low heat; add garlic, ginger and scallions. Cook 2-3 min., stirring frequently until fragrant.
2. Add mirin, miso paste, vinegar and soy sauce. Cook 1 min. to bring mixture up to a boil.
3. Stir in stock; reduce heat to low. Simmer 6 hrs., skimming scum from surface as needed. Cool; strain through fine mesh sieve. Cover and refrigerate.
For the Vegetables:
1. Heat oil in large stockpot on low heat; add vegetables. Cook 2-3 min. until vegetables are heated through; add half of the prepared Broth. Simmer 15-20 min. until vegetables are cooked through; keep warm.
For Ramen Noodles:
1. Meanwhile bring 3-3/4 gallons water to boil in steam-jacketed kettle or large stockpot on stovetop.
2. Add pasta, baking soda and salt; cook 3-4 min. or until al dente. Drain well.
3. Divide pasta between individual serving bowls. Bring remaining Broth in large stock pot on medium-high heat.
4. Arrange cooked vegetables over noodles in each bowl; add Toppings. Ladle hot Broth over each bowl before serving.