Vietnamese-inspired Barilla Spaghetti, Fresh Herbs, and Grilled Tofu
1. Make the marinade: Combine the first 11 ingredients (shallots, garlic, lemon zest, cilantro stems, Chinese Five Spice, Tamari, fish sauce, brown sugar, ginger, and salt) in a food processor and process until smooth. Marinate tofu that have been previously pressed 1 hour.
2. Make the dressing for the pasta: Combine fish sauce, lime juice, sugar, green onions, and Serrano peppers and hold cold.
3. Cook the pasta in boiling salted water for 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain well. Set aside. If possible, the salad is nice with fresh cooked warm pasta rather than chilled but works both ways
4. While the pasta is cooking, grill the tofu. Hold warm.
5. At time of service (and not before), arrange 2 – 3 lettuce leaves on a plate or to go container. Combine pasta, carrots, radishes, and dressing. Arrange portion on lettuce leave, garnish with ¼ cup of the fresh herb mix, garnish with peanuts if using. Serve with 2 oz. of grilled tofu tiles.