The gorgeous color of red veggie farfalle contrasts with fresh zucchini. Try yellow summer squash for another addition.
3 pounds Barilla Veggie Farfalle
2 pounds chicken breasts
4 minced garlic cloves
as needed black pepper
as needed salt
4 teaspoons dried oregano
1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
4 cups chopped yellow onion
8 cups diced zucchini
1 quarts chicken stock
- Cook the Barilla pasta for half the time indicated on the package. Drain pasta and drizzle with some olive oil to prevent from sticking. Place pasta flat on sheet trays or hotel pans and cool in a blast chiller. Alternatively, cool it down in a walk-in cooler. Store in zip lock bags or sealed plastic container; refrigerate and use within several hours.
- Marinate the chicken with the garlic, oregano, and 1/4 cup oil. Season with salt and pepper and refrigerate for up to one day.
- Grill the chicken until cooked through and cut it into slices. Set aside.
For each serving, to order:
- Sweat about 2 tablespoons onion in 1 1/2 teaspoons oil until soft. Add 1/4 cup zucchini and saute for 3 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons stock and reduce until the zucchini is tender.
- Reheat 2 ounces pasta in simmering water. Drain and add it to the pan with the zucchini. Add 1 ounce chicken and warm through. Season with salt and pepper. Plate with the chicken on top.