Recipe courtesy of Canyon Ranch Resorts.
Trattoria Puttanesca Pasta
3 pounds 2 ounces Barilla Rigatoni
1 cup anchovy-garlic olive oil
1 cup chopped capers
1 cup chopped kalamata olives
2 lb 6 oz roasted tomatoes
3 lb 2 oz San Marzano tomato sauce
1 cup chopped fresh parsley
1 cup olive oil
Red chili flakes
- Cook the Barilla pasta for half the time indicated on the package. Drain pasta and drizzle with some olive oil to prevent from sticking. Place pasta flat on sheet trays or hotel pans and cool in a blast chiller. Alternatively, cool it down in a walk-in cooler. Store in zip lock bags or sealed plastic container; refrigerate and use within several hours.
- In a sauté pan, warm together the infused oil, olives, and capers. Set it aside to keep warm.
For each serving, to order:
- Reheat 4 ounces pasta in simmering water.
- Warm 2 tablespoons olive-caper oil in a sauté pan. Add 1 ½ ounce tomatoes, and sauté briefly. Add 2 ounces tomato sauce, 2 teaspoons parsley, 2 ounces pasta cooking water, and 2 teaspoons olive oil. Cook until thickened slightly.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the sauce. Season with a pinch of chili flakes. Plate.