Spring Campanelle with Greens and Pistachio Gremolata
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and season with salt.
2. Meanwhile, in a large rondo sweat the shallot and garlic in olive oil over medium heat until translucent, about 5 minutes.
3. Add white wine; reduce by half. Add lemon juice, heavy cream, and kosher salt. Reduce cream by about half, until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
4. While sauce is cooking, blanch green peas in boiling water for 2 minutes. Remove with strainer and shock in ice water. Drain and set aside.
5. Blanch sugar snap peas in same boiling water for 3 minutes and shock in ice water. Drain well, then slice on a heavy bias in 1/2” pieces.
6. Precook the pasta in boiling water for 5 minutes then drain well and toss with olive oil and spread out on sheet tray and allow to cool.
7. Add reduced cream sauce and peas to blender. Puree at high speed until very smooth, at least 1 minute. Taste for seasoning. If not serving immediately, cool rapidly in an ice bath or in a shallow pan to preserve color.
8. For Gremolata: toast pistachios in a 400F oven for 3 minutes. Cool 20 minutes then roughly chop. Add chopped parsley, reserved lemon zest, and flake sea salt and toss with olive oil.
chop. Add chopped parsley, reserved lemon zest, and flake sea salt and toss with olive oil.
9. To serve, for each serving warm 1 cup sauce in a sauté pan until simmering. Cook parboiled pasta in boiling, salted water for 1 minute then add to warm sauce.
10. Fold in sugar snap peas and watercress. Plate and garnish with about 1 Tbsp of Gremolata.