Spicy Pimento Cheese Mac n’ Cheese
1. Cook the Barilla® pasta for half the time indicated on the package. Drain pasta and drizzle with some olive oil to prevent from sticking. Place pasta flat on sheet trays or hotel pans and cool in a blast chiller. Alternatively, cool it down in a walk-in cooler. Store in zip lock bags or sealed plastic container; refrigerate and use within several hours.
For bulk mac n’ cheese:
1. Combine elbow pasta and jalapenos.
2. Melt butter in sauce pan.
3. Heat milk in another saucepan until it simmers.
4. Whisk flour into butter.
5. Slowly whisk in hot milk.
6. Bring to simmer while whisking.
7. Whisk in dry mustard, kosher salt, black pepper, jalapeno pimento cheese.
8. Fold cheese mixture into elbow pasta.
9. Place in baking dishes.
For each serving per order:
1. Place in microwave for 4-5 minutes, or in 425 degree convection for 12-15 minutes.
2. Garnish with crispy jalapeno slices.