Spaghetti with Bottarga & Clams
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
2. Season the water and cook the pasta according to the directions.
3. In a large rondo sauté the garlic in half the olive oil, when it turns golden in color add the clams and white wine.
4. Cover with a lid and steam over medium heat until the clams are fully cooked and open. Discard any that do not open.
5. Remove the meat from ¾ of the clams and reserve some with the shell for garnish.
6. To the skillet add 2 cups of pasta cooking water, then drain the pasta and add to the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until almost all the liquid has been absorbed.
7. Add the clams and half the bottarga. Stir well to combine.
8. Add the pasta to a 2-inch deep hotel pan for service. Garnish with remaining Bottarga and fennel fronds. Drizzle with some aromatic olive oil and sprinkle with some fresh cracked black pepper.