Spaghetti with Bottarga and Lemon Zest
3 pounds Barilla Spaghetti
1 1/2 cups extra virgin olive oil
6 each garlic cloves, chopped
1 1/2 cups plain breadcrumbs, toasted
3 each lemons, zested
1/4 cup Italian flat leaf parsley, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
1 ounce Bottarga
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Season the water and cook the pasta according to the directions.
- In a large rondo sauté the garlic in half the olive oil, add half the bottarga and ¾ of the lemon zest.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups of the pasta cooking water.
- Drain pasta 1 minute less the required, toss with the bottarga and olive oil mixture.
- Place into a large serving bowl and garnish with the remaining bottarga, lemon zest and bread crumbs.