Spaghetti Pesce Azzurro
1. Cook the Barilla® pasta for half the time indicated on the package. Drain pasta and drizzle with some olive oil to prevent from sticking. Place pasta flat on sheet trays or hotel pans and cool in a blast chiller. Alternatively, cool it down in a walk-in cooler. Store in zip lock bags or sealed plastic container; refrigerate and use within several hours.
2. For the garnish: Combine the garlic, marjoram, and bread crumbs and season with salt and pepper. Pat the topping onto the skin side of the 1-oz. portions of mackeral.
3. For each serving, to order: Drizzle a garnish portion of mackeral with oil and crisp it in the oven. In a hot pan, blister 1/2 cup tomatoes and season with salt. Set aside.
4. Sweat about 1 Tbsp. onions and a pinch of pepper flakes in 1 tsp. oil until translucent. Add a pinch of garlic and saute until lightly golden. Add 2 oz. mackeral and saute over high heat. Deglaze with 2 tsp. wine; reduce and season with salt. Add blistered tomatoes and 3/8 oz. olives.
5. Reheat 2 oz. spaghetti in simmering water until hot. Drain and plate. Place mackeral on top and pour the sauce and vegetables over top. Garnish with a pinch of marjoram and the crisp mackeral garnish. Drizzle with 2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil.