Barilla Executive Chef Lorenzo Boni gives us the classic carbonara recipe, one of the famous pastas of Rome. Simple, rich and indulgent.
Spaghetti alla Carbonara
1 box, Barilla Thick spaghetti
1 tbs, Extra virgin olive oil
1 cup, julienne, Guanciale
5 egg yolks
¾ cup, Pecorino Romano
To taste, freshly ground Black pepper
To taste, sea salt
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Meanwhile sauté guanciale with oil until it gets crispy.
- In a separate bowl mix yolks, pecorino, black pepper and salt. Stir in 1/3 cup cooking water to loosen up the mixture.
- Drain pasta al dente, toss with crispy guanciale.
- Stir in yolk mixture and mix well over low heat until the sauce starts thickening up but the eggs are not overcooked.
- Serve immediately.