Southern BBQ Spaghetti
Cook the Barilla® pasta for half the time indicated on the package. Drain pasta and drizzle with some olive oil to prevent from sticking. Place pasta flat on sheet trays or hotel pans and cool in a blast chiller. Alternatively, cool it down in a walk-in cooler. Store in zip lock bags or sealed plastic container; refrigerate and use within several hours.
For the BBQ Spice: In a bowl, stir together the chili powder, garlic, onion, salt, and pepper.
For each serving per order:
1. Heat 1 oz olive oil in large sauté pan over medium high heat.
2, Add 4 oz onions and 4 oz peppers and sauté for one minute.
3. Add 6 oz BBQ sauce and 6 oz pork rib meat, turn down heat to medium and heat through for one minute.
4. Reheat 2 cups of spaghetti in pasta water
5. Add spaghetti to BBQ sauce mixture and toss together and heat for one more minute.
6. Plate in pasta bowl, placing peppers, onions and ribmeat on top.
7. Garnish with ½ tsp BBQ spice.