Enjoy a classic Mexican soup recipe with Italian noodles! Fideo is pre-cut strands of spaghetti. Substitute other long, thin pasta cut into 2-inch lengths if necessary. Shredded chicken and cilantro are must-have add-ins.
Sopa de Fideo with Cut Spaghetti
6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 1/2 diced white onions
1 1/2 minced jalapeno peppers
9 minced cloves garlic
5.25 pounds canned chopped tomatoes
as needed salt
as needed black pepper
9 qts. chicken stock
6 cups shredded cooked chicken
1 1/2 pound Barilla Fideo Cut Spaghetti
3 bunches sliced green onions
3/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat the oil in a soup pot and cook the onion and jalapeno until the onion is translucent.
- Add the garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes and bring them to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the stock and bring it to a boil. Add the chicken and cooked spaghetti. Simmer it for 5 minutes, then remove the soup from the heat. Let it cool and refrigerate it until service.
- For each serving, to order: Reheat about xx cups soup until simmering. Plate it and garnish with green onions and cilantro.