Smoked Ham Bourbon BBQ Bake
Cook the Barilla® pasta for half the time indicated on the package. Drain pasta and drizzle with some olive oil to prevent from sticking. Place pasta flat on sheet trays or hotel pans and cool in a blast chiller. Alternatively, cool it down in a walk-in cooler. Store in zip lock bags or sealed plastic container; refrigerate and use within several hours.
For each bulk recipe:
1. Combine pasta and ham.
2. Melt butter in sauce pan.
3. Heat milk in another saucepan.
4. Whisk flour into butter.
5. Slowly whisk in hot milk.
6. Bring to simmer while whisking.
7. Whisk in dry mustard, kosher salt, black pepper and sharp cheddar cheese.
8. Fold cheese mixture into elbow pasta.
9. Portion into individual bake dishes.
For individual order:
1. Place individual bake dishes in 425 degree oven, covered for 15 minutes.
2. Remove from oven and top with 1oz BBQ sauce and ½ cup of buttermilk fried onions.