Shells with Corn, Scallops, and Ramp-Habanero Cream Sauce
1. Cook the Barilla® pasta for half the time indicated on the package. Drain pasta and drizzle with some olive oil to prevent from sticking. Place pasta flat on sheet trays or hotel pans and cool in a blast chiller. Alternatively, cool it down in a walk-in cooler. Store in zip lock bags or sealed plastic container; refrigerate and use within several hours.
2. Lightly char the ramps over a grill or under a broiler. Working in batches, puree them with the habanero and creme fraiche. Season with salt. At service time, warm the sauce over low heat.
3. For each serving, to order: Reheat 2 1/4 cups pasta in simmering water.
4. Meanwhile, heat some oil in a very hot pan and season three scallops with salt and white pepper. Add them to the pan and leave undisturbed for 1 to 2 minutes to form a crust. Flip them over, cook for 30 seconds, then turn off the heat and leave the scallops in the pan to finish cooking for 2 minutes. Remove to a towel.
5. Reheat the pan and add 1 1/2 tsp butter and about 3/4 cup corn kernels. Saute to heat them through.
6. Drain the pasta and add it to the corn along with a little pasta cooking water. Combine and season with salt and pepper.
7. To plate, spoon about 3/4 cup ramp sauce onto a plate and top it with the shells and corn. Arrange the scallops on top, along with 8 tomato halves and 8 grape halves. Garnish with dill flowers.