Santa Fe Shrimp and Chardonnay Cream Pasta
1. Make the Chardonnay cream sauce: In a storage container, whisk together the cream, wine, and 1/4 cup salt. Cover and refrigerate.
2. Cook the Barilla® pasta for half the time indicated on the package. Drain pasta and drizzle with some olive oil to prevent from sticking. Place pasta flat on sheet trays or hotel pans and cool in a blast chiller. Alternatively, cool it down in a walk-in cooler. Store in zip lock bags or sealed plastic container; refrigerate and use within several hours.
3. For each serving, to order: Heat 1 Tbsp. oil and sear 6 shrimp on one side. Flip them over and add 1/4 cup chorizo and 1/2 cup tomatoes. When the shrimp are seared on the second side, add 6 oz. cream sauce and bring to a simmer.
4. Reheat 3 cups fettuccine in simmering water. Drain and add to the sauce and shrimp with 1/4 cup Parmesan and 1 Tbsp basil. Toss to coat and make the sauce creamy.
5. Plate the pasta, arranging the shrimp, and garnish with 1 Tbsp additional Parmesan and 1 1/2 tsp. basil.