Salmorra Grilled Chicken
Make the marinade:
1. Mix all ingredients except for the chicken in a large container until incorporated.
2. Lightly pound the chicken to an even thickness.
3. Place the chicken in the marinade and cover.
4. Refrigerate it overnight.
Make the pasta:
Cook the Barilla® pasta for half the time indicated on the package. Drain pasta and drizzle with some olive oil to prevent from sticking. Place pasta flat on sheet trays or hotel pans and cool in a blast chiller. Alternatively, cool it down in a walk-in cooler. Store in zip lock bags or sealed plastic container; refrigerate and use within several hours.
To Sauce and Serve:
1. For each serving, to order: Season a chicken breast with ½ tsp low sodium seasoning on each side.
2. Brush the chicken with olive oil.
3. Cook it on a hot grill for approximately 4 minutes per side or until cooked through.
4. Remove from the grill and let it rest for 3 minutes, then cut the breast on a bias into ½-inch thick slices.
5. Reheat 1 cup linguine in simmering water.
6. Preheat a dry skillet over medium-high heat.
7. Add ½ cup tomatoes, 2 Tbsp roasted garlic, 1 tsp thyme, and ¼ tsp low-sodium seasoning. Cook until the tomatoes are heated through and have begun to release some juices.
8. Add ½ fl oz balsamic vinegar, toss to coat, and reduce to a glaze.
9. Add 6 fl oz chicken stock and 1 Tbsp basil.
10. Bring just to a boil and remove from the heat. Drain the pasta and toss it in the sauce to coat.
11. Mound the heated pasta in a nest in the center of a bowl.
12. Shingle the chicken around the pasta mound.
13. Pour the sauce over the pasta and chicken and sprinkle with 1 Tbsp green onion slivers.