Recipe created by Chef Lorenzo Boni
Risotto Style Barilla Orzo with Butternut Squash and Truffle Burrata
1 box Barilla Orzo
1 small yellow onion, chopped small
2 tbs evoo, divided
1 medium size butternut squash, peeled and diced
4 cups veggie broth
1 Urbani truffle burrata, drained, liquid reserved
1 tbs truffle in oil [when in season fresh white truffle]
TT Urbani truffle salt
1 cup Parmigiano, grated
2 sticks of unsalted butter
- Place a pot of water to boil.
- Cook pasta according to directions, drain after 4 1/2 minutes, season with 1 tbs olive oil, spread flat on a sheet pan and let cool down. Set aside.
- Meanwhile in a skillet sauté onion with remaining oil over medium heat for several minutes, add butternut squash, season with salt and pepper, stir in broth and gently simmer until thoroughly cooked for about 10 minutes.
- Let it cool down then process in the blender until very smooth.
- Chop burrata roughly, season with truffles, and set aside.
- Bring butternut mixture squash to boil, stir in Orzo and ½ cup burrata’s liquid, sauté for two minutes until perfectly combined and piping hot, adjust with burrata liquid if too thick.
- Turn off heat, stir in butter, Parmigiano cheese.
- Serve in individual bowls topped with chopped burrata and sprinkled with truffle salt over the top before serving.