Potato Mac and Cheese
1. Cook the Barilla® pasta for half the time indicated on the package. Drain pasta and drizzle with some olive oil to prevent from sticking. Place pasta flat on sheet trays or hotel pans and cool in a blast chiller. Alternatively, cool it down in a walk-in cooler. Store in zip lock bags or sealed plastic container; refrigerate and use within several hours.
2. Combine the Parmesan and panko and set aside.
3. For each serving, to order: In a saute pan, combine 6 oz. alfredo sauce and 2 oz. mashed potato. Combine and heat them without boiling.
4. Reheat 8 oz. (about 2 1/4 c.) parboiled pasta in simmering water. Drain and add it to the alfredo sauce. Toss to coat and pour the mixture into a bowl.
5. Top with 1 oz. Parmesan-panko mix, 1 oz. Cheddar, and 1 1/2 oz. bacon. Place the bowl under a salamander to brown and melt the cheese.
6. Place the bowl on a plate with a liner and garnish the pasta with 1/2 oz. green onion and 1 oz. sour cream.