Recipe created by Chef Dennis Doherty, Sundra Inn and Spa
Plant Based Chorizo and Roasted Corn Pasta
6 oz Barilla Chickpea Rotini
6 oz chipotle tomato sauce
4 oz chorizo made from soy protein
2 oz cilantro lime cashew cream
1/4 oz mixed greens
- Take a medium saute pan and set the temperature to medium high heat.
- Add 1 tbs of canola oil and chorizo. Sear for 2 minutes.
- Add corn, pepper, and cherry tomato mixture. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce to pan and simmer for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add cooked pasta. Mix in the pasta with sauce. Return to heat and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Spoon pasta into center of plate creating height.
- Drizzle with cilantro lime cashew cream.
- Garnish with micro greens allowing them to fall freely.
- Clean rim and serve