Pipette and Caponata Sauce, Basil, Pine Nuts and Lemon Oil
1. In a large rondo heat the blended oil, add the garlic, eggplant, and chilies.
2. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, season with salt and pepper to help pull the moisture out of the eggplant.
3. Add the remainder of the vegetables and cook for 10 minutes.
4. Deglaze with the white wine and allow to reduce by half. Add the marinara sauce and bring to a boil.
5. Cook for 10 additional minutes or until the eggplant is cooked through.
6. Adjust the seasoning and fold in the basil off the heat.
7. Bring a large pot of water to a boil then cook the pasta for 7 minutes.
8. Drain the pasta and add to the sauce along with 4 oz of the pasta cooking liquid. Cook together for 2 minutes then remove from heat.
9. Transfer the pasta to a 2 inch deep full hotel pan and garnish with lemon oil and pine nuts.