3 lb. Barilla Red Lentil Penne
3 ea. medium eggplants, peeled and small diced
9 ea. garlic cloves, chopped
1 tbsp. tumeric
2 qt. canned chopped tomatoes
¾ cup pomegranate molasses
salt and pepper, to taste
¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
3 ea. onions, sliced thin
3 tbsp. cumin
1 tbsp cinnamon
1½ cup water
¾ cup lemon juice
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- In a large rondo, fry the onions and eggplant for 7-8 minutes.
- Add the garlic, cumin, turmeric, and cinnamon, and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and water, and bring to a simmer. Cook for 30 minutes or until thickened.
- Add the pomegranate molasses and lemon juice, then season to taste.
- Cook the pasta according to the directions. Drain and toss with the sauce.