Recipe courtesy of Chef Yury Krasilovsky.
3 pounds Barilla Penne
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
3/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
1 1/2 cups sweet onion, small diced
6 each garlic cloves, chopped
72 ounces san marzano chopped tomatoes
1 cup sliced basil leaves
1 1/2 cups parmigiano reggiano grated
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Meanwhile in a large rondo heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onions and saute for 3 minutes or until lightly golden in color.
- Add the chili flakes and garlic then saute for 1 minute.
- Add the san marzano tomatoes and season with salt and pepper, simmer for 20 minutes over low heat.
- Cook the pasta according to the directions, drain and toss the pasta with the sauce.
- Add the basil and cheese then stir to combine.