Penne With Ceci And Bitter Greens
1. Cook the Barilla® pasta for half the time indicated on the package. Drain pasta and drizzle with some olive oil to prevent from sticking. Place pasta flat on sheet trays or hotel pans and cool in a blast chiller. Alternatively, cool it down in a walk-in cooler. Store in zip lock bags or sealed plastic container; refrigerate and use within several hours.
2. Smash 8 garlic cloves with the side of a knife and mash lightly with some kosher salt. Combine with 4 oz. of the oil in a wide, shallow pan. Stew the garlic in the oil until it begins to melt into the oil. Just before it begins to brown, add the greens, season lightly with salt, and toss with the garlic and oil. Cook just until the greens are wilted but al dente. Remove and cool.
3. Cut the rest of the garlic thinly lengthwise. Puree about 20% of the ceci by pulsing with a burr mixer.
4. For each serving, to order: Combine 1 Tbsp. oil with 1 tsp. slivered garlic, 1 tsp. parsley, 1 anchovy fillet, and 1 1/2 tsp. capers. Cook on low until the anchovy dissolves and the garlic begins to brown. Add 1/3 cup ceci and 3/4 tsp. chili flakes and toss. Add a bit of pasta water and bring to a boil.
5. Reheat 1 1/3 cups pasta in boiling salted water for 40 to 60 seconds. Drain and add to the pan with the sauce. Heat for 1 minutes, then toss with 1/6 cup cooked greens and 2 tsp. Parmesan. Plate and top with bread crumbs and Pecorino.