Pasta e Fagioli with Alabama Collard Greens, Barilla Pipette, nice nods to pleasant southern food with addition of local collard greens and local smoked ham hocks.
Pasta e Fagioli with Alabama Collards
1 lb. Barilla Pipette
4 qts. Zuppa di Fagioli
16oz. Crushed San Marzano Tomatoes
16oz. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Kosher Salt and Pepper to taste
Grilled piece of Ciabatta for crostini (Optional)
- Cook 1 lbs of Barilla Pipette as directed in the Barilla double cooking method process.
- In a large Stock pot, bring up Zuppa di Fagioli to a low simmer.
- Add Barilla Pipette Pasta to soup.
- Hand crush san Marzano tomatoes, season with salt and pepper, add ½ of extra virgin olive oil. Reserve for garnish.
- Ladle 1 cup of soup in a bowl. Ensure there are 2 oz of pipette in each serving.
- Garnish soup with 1 tbs of crushed tomato and extra virgin olive oil.
- *Grilled Crostini of ciabatta is a nice addition to garnish*