Orzo with Creamy Caulifower and Calabrian Chili
3 lb. Barilla Orzo
6 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
9 cups cauliflower, riced
1½ cups white wine
4½ cups heavy cream
3 tbsp. Calabrian chili oil
salt and pepper, to taste
¾ cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated
¾ cup Pecorino Romano, grated
¾ cup chives, sliced
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta according to directions.
- Meanwhile, in a medium rondo, sauté the cauliflower over high heat until the cauliflower is nicely browned.
- Deglaze with white wine and reduce by half.
- Add heavy cream and bring to a simmer.
- Drain the pasta and toss with the sauce.
- Stir in the Calabrian chili oil and season to taste.
- Remove the skillet from heat and fold in the cheese.
- Garnish with chives.