Recipe courtesy Chef Dustin Hilinski, Discovery Culinary Group LLC
Miso Orecchiette with Garlicky Asian Vegetables and Furikake
340 g (12 oz) Barilla® Orecchiette
As needed olive oil
480 ml (2 cups) heavy cream
180 ml (¾ cup) white miso paste
60 g (½ cup) grated Parmesan
(80 ml) 1/3 cup olive oil
30 ml (2 Tbsp) minced garlic
2 L (2 qt) raw chopped lacinato kale
480 ml (2 cups) shelled edamame
720 ml (3 cups) shredded carrots
5 ml (1 tsp) red pepper flakes
As needed furikake
- For the pasta: Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook the orecchiette for half the time indicated on the package. Drain and drizzle with olive oil to prevent sticking. Spread pasta flat on a sheet tray and cool in a blast chiller or walk-in cooler. Wrap with plastic wrap and reserve.
- For the sauce: In a medium sauce pot, bring the cream to a slight simmer and whisk in the miso paste. Whisk until combined, smooth, and heated. Stir in Parmesan and reserve sauce. Keep warm.
- For the vegetables: In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and stir; cook until fragrant. Add the kale and cook down until it is half the volume. Add the edamame, carrots, and red pepper flakes. Continue to cook until edamame and carrots are heated through. Stir in the reserved sauce.
- Reheat the pasta in simmering water. Drain and add to the vegetables and sauce. Stir until combined and everything is lightly coated.
- Portion into 6 bowls and garnish each portion with furikake. Serve.