Bite-sized filled rigatoni make great appetizers with a variety of savory fillings.
8 ounces Barilla Mezzi Rigatoni
1 cup heavy cream
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 ounces ground and finely chopped prosciutto
as needed pepper
1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
- Cook the Barilla pasta for the time indicated on the package. Drain pasta and drizzle with some olive oil to prevent from sticking. Place pasta flat on sheet trays or hotel pans and cool in a blast chiller. Alternatively, cool it down in a walk-in cooler. Store in zip lock bags or sealed plastic container; refrigerate and use within several hours.
- To fill, put desired filling in a pastry bag with a round tip. Fill 36 rigatoni and stand each on end in a paper liner. Garnish as directed. Refrigerate until service.
- Filling: Bring the cream to a boil.
- Add the Parmesan and simmer until cheese is melted. Season with pepper and refrigerate for 15 to 20 minutes, or until cool.
- Add prosciutto to filling. Fill rigatoni and garnish with chives.