Bite-sized filled rigatoni make great appetizers with a variety of savory fillings.
8 ounces Barilla Mezzi Rigatoni
1 cup heavy cream
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
3/4 cup red wine
1 teaspoon sugar
as needed ground cinnamon
1 whole 1/8-inch dice pear, ripe
- Cook the Barilla pasta for the time indicated on the package. Drain pasta and drizzle with some olive oil to prevent from sticking. Place pasta flat on sheet trays or hotel pans and cool in a blast chiller. Alternatively, cool it down in a walk-in cooler. Store in zip lock bags or sealed plastic container; refrigerate and use within several hours.
- To fill, put desired filling in a pastry bag with a round tip. Fill 36 rigatoni and stand each on end in a paper liner. Garnish as directed. Refrigerate until service.
- Filling: Boil the cream in a small saucepan. Add the Parmesan and stir until melted. Let cool for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add wine, sugar, and cinnamon to a separate medium saucepan over medium heat. Simmer to reduce for 6 minutes.
- Poach pears in wine mixture for 2 minutes. Let cool.
- Fill rigatoni with cheese filling and garnish each piece with a pear cube.