Recipe courtesy of Tamra Scroggins.
Chickpea legume pasta, fresh vegetables, and a splash of lemon juice make this salad sing.
6 boxes Barilla Chickpea Rotini
6 each garlic cloves, minced
4 tablespoons fresh oregano
1 ½ tablespoons dijon mustard
2 cups extra virgin olive oil
Ingredients for the salad:
6 cups grape tomatoes, halved
6 cups cucumbers, quartered and halved
6 cups spinach, roughly chopped
6 tablespoons mint leaves, roughly chopped
3 cups kalamata olives, halved
3 cups feta cheese, crumbled
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and season with salt, cook the pasta for 7 minutes then drain and toss with some oil. Place onto a sheet tray then into the fridge to cool down.
- Place all the ingredients for the dressing into a blender and puree until smooth and set aside.
- Add all the ingredients to a large bowl.
- Gently fold the ingredients into each other then transfer to a serving platter.
- Garnish with more feta before serving.