Recipe courtesy of Maggiano’s Little Italy.
Make the bread crumbs:
- Evenly mix the dill with the bread crumbs, parmigiano, salt, and pepper.
- Place them into a robot coupe and chop them all together for about 10 seconds (or crush using your hand and plastic wrap).
- Transfer to a container, cover and refrigerate.
Cook the Barilla pasta for half the time indicated on the package. Drain pasta and drizzle with some olive oil to prevent from sticking. Place pasta flat on sheet trays or hotel pans and cool in a blast chiller. Alternatively, cool it down in a walk-in cooler. Store in zip lock bags or sealed plastic container; refrigerate and use within several hours.
For each serving, to order:
- Place 1 cup fontina cream sauce and 4 ounces lobster meat in a sauté pan and bring to a simmer. Stir in about 3/4 cup casarecce, and cook for approximately 30 seconds or until the sauce begins to thicken. Add 2 ounces of the fontina cheese and toss gently.
- Plate, making sure to bring the lobster meat to the top. Shave 5 slices of white truffle on top. Evenly distribute 1 ½ tablespoons dill bread crumbs over the entire surface of the pasta and place it under the salamander to brown the bread crumbs for about 1 minute or until a light golden brown crust is formed.