Recipe created by Yury Krasilovsky
Leftover Pasta Frittata with Cauliflower Stems and Florets Topped with a Mini Calabrian Chili Panzanella Salad
3 dozen eggs
3 cups blanched cauliflower florets
3 cups whole milk
3 cups shredded cheddar or other melty cheese
6 cups leftover pasta (can be a variety)
6 cups tomatoes, diced
6 cups bell peppers, diced
1 1/2 cups basil, torn
6 cups toasted sourdough bread, large dice
1 1/2 cups extra virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons Calabrian chili oil
3/4 cup red wine vinegar
salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a mixer, whisk eggs until fluffy and thickened, add milk and season with salt and pepper.
- Place cooked pasta and cauliflower stems and florets into the bottom of a 2 inch deep full hotel pan.
- Pour the eggs over the top and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until set and slightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine all the ingredients for the salad. Let them marinate for 15 minutes.
- Once the frittata is cooked remove from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice into triangles or whatever shape you like and top with salad.