Recipe created by Chef Michael Slavin
1. In a stainless steel mixing bowl, combine 2 Tbsp. of Grated Reggiano Parmesan, 1/2 cup of egg
yolks, 1/4 tsp. of medium grind black pepper, 1 tsp. of fines herb, and 2 Tbsp. of mayonnaise. Mix
until all ingredients are evenly incorporated.
2. In a heavy bottom sauce pan over medium high heat, add 1 tsp. of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and 8
oz. of raw rough chopped bacon. Once bacon is crispy and rendered, strain bacon and reserve
for the build, leaving 1 Tbsp. of fat in the pan.
3. In the pan with the bacon fat, add . tsp. of chopped garlic and lightly saute ensuring it doesn’t
burn. Add 7.5 oz. wt. of finely chopped white onion and saute until translucent. Add 1/8 tsp. of
crushed red pepper flakes, 1/2 tsp. of medium grind black pepper, and 1 tsp. of kosher salt and
mix to incorporate. Stir in 2 cups of heavy cream and lower heat to medium low. Reduce to
thicken slightly to a nappe consistency. Add half of the cooked bacon, 1/4 cup of grated Reggiano
parmesan, and 1 tsp. of fresh squeezed lemon juice. Cool down to 39 degrees and reserve for
4. Place all 5 lasagna sheets on a sheet pan and brush one side evenly coast to coast with seasoned
egg yolk mixture and bake in a 350 degree oven for approximately 2 minutes to set. Pull out and
let cool to room temperature.
5. While sheets are baking, lightly butter a half hotel pan 3 inches up each side and bottom of the
6. In greased half hotel pan, spread a #16 scoop cup of the lemon herb carbonara blend onto the
bottom of the hotel pan. Place a lasagna sheet on top of the cream mixture, seasoned yolk side
up. With a #8 scoop, evenly spread lemon herb carbonara blend coast to coast on lasagna sheet.
7. Sprinkle 3/4 cup of 4 cheese blend across lemon herb carbonara blend. Evenly distribute 1/2 cup of
seasoned ground beef across 4 cheese blend. Evenly distribute 2 Tbsp. of rough chopped bacon
across ground beef. Sprinkle 1 Tbsp. of Reggiano parmesan and 1 Tbsp. of fines herb across
8. Place another lasagna sheet on top of first layer and repeate step 7, creating 4 total layers.
9. Top layers with the fifth sheet of lasagna. Repeat step 7 with NO lemon herb carbonara or
seasoned ground beef.
10. Lightly tap pan on hard surface to ensure layers are settled into one another. Cover with two
layers of plastic wrap and 1 layer of aluminum foil.
11. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 30 – 35 minutes covered on low fan and approximately 5
minutes uncovered on high fan until top layer has brown bubbly cheese.
12. Cool at room temperature for 15 minutes. Introduce into cooler uncovered for 2 hrs. Cover and
continue to cool overnight so it can set properly. Score and portion next day for service.
13. A simple pomodoro sauce, extra virgin olive oil, grated Reggiano parmesan, and chopped flat
Italian parsley is used for garnish.