Fideo pasta makes a great base for this traditionally Korean bowl meal topped with contrasting colors, textures and bold flavors.
Korean Bibimbap with Barilla Fideo
3 pounds Barilla Fideo Cut Spaghetti
1 quart shredded carrots
1/4 cup chili oil
1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
1 cup gochujang (Korean fermented chile paste)
1/4 cup toasted sesame oil
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup honey
3 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
2-1/2 pounds bacon, cut into 1/2 in. pieces
1/4 cup canola oil
8 ounces diced yellow onion
8 ounces napa cabbage kimchi, coarsely chopped
12 garlic cloves, minced
3/4 cup reserved kimchi liquid
2 dozen eggs, fried over-easy
8 ounces sliced scallions
1/2 cup toasted sesame seeds
- Bring salted water to boil in steam-jacketed kettle or large stockpot on stovetop. Add pasta; cook 2 min. less than directed on package. Drain; chill.
- Combine carrots, chili oil and sesame seeds in medium bowl; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate.
- Place gochujang, sesame oil, water, honey and rice vinegar in blender jar. Blend until smooth and combined. Reserve 1/3 cup gochujang mixture for garnish.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in large rondeau over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan with slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Return same pan to medium heat. Add canola oil and onions; cook and stir 5-6 min. or until crisp-tender.
- Add garlic; sauté 30 sec. or until fragrant. Add cooked pasta; sauté 2-3 min. tossing frequently until heated through. Stir in kimchi liquid and remaining gochujang mixture.
- Portion each serving in bowls before topping with carrot salad, bacon pieces, fried egg, scallions, sesame seeds and reserved gochujang sauce.