Sweet roasted cauliflower and golden raisins complement the brininess of capers. Try other fresh herbs like thyme for a flavor change.
3 lb. Barilla Gluten Free Spaghetti
1 1/2 cups extra-virgin olive oil
black pepper, as needed
1/4 cup (optional) drained brined capers
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
12 cups cauliflower florets
salt, as needed
4 cups diced onion
1 cup soaked in water golden raisins
2 cups grated Parmesan
- Cook the Barilla® pasta for half the time indicated on the package. Drain pasta and drizzle with some olive oil to prevent from sticking. Place pasta flat on sheet trays or hotel pans and cool in a blast chiller. Alternatively, cool it down in a walk-in cooler. Store in zip lock bags or sealed plastic container; refrigerate and use within several hours.
- Toss the cauliflower in 1/2 cup oil and season it with salt and pepper. Spread it on a sheet pan and roast in a 425 degree oven until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- brown. Set aside to cool.
- For each serving, to order: Warm 2 tsp. oil and sauté 3 Tbsp. onion until it is soft.
Reheat 1 1/3 cups pasta in simmering water. Drain and add it to the onion with 3 Tbsp. pasta water.
- Stir until it becomes creamy. Add about 1/2 cup cauliflower, 1/2 tsp. capers(if using, and 2 tsp. raisins. Toss and plate. Garnish with 1/2 tsp. parsley and 1 Tbsp. Parmesan. Drizzle with 2 tsp. more oil.