French mediterranean late summer pasta with goat cheese, pistachio, Meyer lemon, castelvetrano olives, and parsley.
Delicata Squash Gemelli
- For the Pistachio Gremolata: In a mixing bowl, combine the chopped pistachios, chopped Castelvetrano olives, Meyer lemon zest and juice, chopped parsley and extra virgin olive oil. Reserve for pasta.
For the Roasted Delicata Squash: Preheat convection oven to 425°F. Cut Delicata Squash in half lengthwise, remove seeds, cut into 1/8″ half-moons. On a parchment lined half sheet tray, mix Delicata squash with canola oil, then evenly distribute on the try. Gently season with salt and fresh ground pepper. Roast for 13-15 minutes until they begin to caramelize to a light golden-brown color and the edges begin to crisp.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the directions.
- In a large rondo, add extra virgin olive oil and slowly heat the garlic for about 1–2 minutes. Immediately add the cooked pasta.
- Add 2 cups pasta water, goat cheese crumbles, roasted Delicata squash, then mix ingredients and cook for about 2 minutes to create a glaze on the pasta.
- Turn the fire to low, remove from burner, and add the Pistachio Gremolata. Salt, and gently toss pasta and ingredients together very well. Continue to cook for 1 more minute.
- Gently place pasta into large serving platter or hotel pans.
- Evenly distribute Pistachio Gremolata over top of pasta. Garnish with more goat cheese.