These crisp latkes include Barilla Cut Spaghetti for a fun twist on the original.
Cut Spaghetti Latkes
8 ounces Barilla Cut Spaghetti
2 russet potatoes (about 1 pound)
1 celeriac, peeled, shredded and blotted dry
2 shallots, pureed
2 tablespoons baking powder
4 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon each kosher salt and ground black pepper
1/2 cup vegetable oil
thinly sliced green onion
fresh pomegranate seeds
- Bring salted water to boil in steam-jacketed kettle or large stockpot on stovetop. Add pasta; cook as directed on package. Drain; spread pasta onto lightly oiled sheet pans.
- Meanwhile, peel potatoes and coarsely shred in food processor. Transfer shredded potatoes to large bowl of cold water. Peel celeriac; shred.
- Drain potatoes well. Working in batches, spread shredded potatoes and celeriac onto clean kitchen towel. Roll up and twist to wring out as much liquid as possible.
- Combine cooked pasta, shredded vegetables, shallots, flour, baking powder, eggs and salt and pepper in large bowl.
- Heat 1/4 cup oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Drop 2 tablespoonfuls potato mixture into skillet; spread into 3-in. rounds. Reduce heat to medium. Cook 8-10 minutes or until golden brown, turning once during cooking. Transfer to paper towels to drain; season immediately with additional salt.
- Repeat with remaining potato mixture adding more oil to skillet as needed.
- Garnish with green onions and pomegranate seeds. Serve with sour cream and apple compote.