Recipe created by Ken Toong
3 lb Barilla Casarecce pasta, cooked al dente (save the pasta water)
4 oz extra virgin olive oil
1.5 lbs lump crabmeat (cleaned of shells)
2 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
1 lb ‘Nduja
1 lb sweet peas, blanched
2 tbsp kosher salt
6 oz freshly grated Pecorino cheese
- Preheat a deep sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add 2 oz of olive oil and add the ‘Nduja.
- Use a wooden spatula and break the ‘Nduja into small pieces and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly. (The ‘Nduja will also release a reddish oil once it renders).
- Once the ‘Nduja starts to brown, add ½ cup to ¾ cup of pasta water and bring it to a boil.
- Once it boils, add the freshly drained pasta and fold it into the sauce and mix well to combine. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Turn off the fire and fold in 2 oz of olive oil, peas, and crabmeat and mix well.
- Transfer the pasta on to a warm deep platter.
- Sprinkle cheese over the pasta and serve.