This recipe was created by Chef Robert Margolis from BCC Catering for our Barilla Great Bakes Recipe Contest.
Cinco Queso Chili Verde Stack with Chicken
For the Chili Verde Alfredo Sauce:
1. Place heavy cream in a stainless-steel sauce pot.
2. Put on medium heat & bring to a low simmer.
3. Add the garlic, green chilis, parmesan cheese, & seasonings.
4. Using a wire whip blend everything together. Allow sauce to simmer. Sauce will thicken by natural reduction.
5. When sauce is finished remove from heat put aside keep warm.
For the Chili Verde:
1. Sauté onions & garlic in vegetable oil oil until soft. add jalapeños & green chilis and continue sautéing.
2. Next add the tomatoes and continue sautéing very briefly.
3. Add the chicken stock, bring to a boil, turn heat down allow to simmer.
4. Take Beurre Manie, whisk in slowly to thicken the chili slightly so you get a nappé (coat back of spoon).
5. Allow thickened chili to simmer to allow starch to cook out.
6. Remove from heat and keep warm.
Directions to Assemble Queso Stack:
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Take one full size 4 in deep hotel pan and spay the bottom and sides with non-stick spray.
3. Pour in approximately 12 oz of Green Chili Alfredo Sauce then place your first 2 sheets of Barilla Lasagne Chef sheets on top.
4. Next, add ricotta cheese and mozzarella, then pour over some green chili sauce and add another layer of Barilla Lasagne Chef sheets.
5. Next add queso fresco cheese and a layer of pulled chicken. Pour over more green chili sauce add another layer of Barilla Lasagne Chef sheets.
6. Sprinkle liberally with cojita cheese and mozzarella and put on another layer of Barilla Lasagne Chef Sheets.
7. Continue layering cheeses, green chili sauce, chicken and Barilla Lasagna Chef sheets until pan is full.
8. Cover pan with parchment paper and aluminum foil. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes until the internal temp is 160F.
9. Pull from oven and allow to rest for 20 minutes.
10. Cut and serve with extra Green Chili Alfredo Sauce.