Barilla Elbows tossed with a creamy cheddar and cotija sauce spiked with Hatch Green Chiles and served with a Mexican Spiced Rib Eye.
Cook the Barilla pasta for half the time indicated on the package. Drain pasta and drizzle with some olive oil to prevent from sticking. Place pasta flat on sheet trays or hotel pans and cool in a blast chiller. Alternatively, cool it down in a walk-in cooler. Store in zip lock bags or sealed plastic container; refrigerate and use within several hours.
For bulk recipe:
- Combine elbow pasta and green chilies.
- Melt butter in sauce pan.
- Heat mllk in another saucepan.
- Whisk flour into butter.
- Slowly whisk in hot milk.
- Bring to simmer while whisking.
- Whisk in dry mustard, kosher salt, black pepper, Mexican shredded cheese and Cotija.
- Fold cheese mixture into elbow pasta.
- Place in baking dishes and top with Cotija.
For Chile d’Arbol seasoning bulk recipe:
Place all spices in mixing bowl, and whisk together until spices are evenly distributed.
For each serving per order:
- Place individual bake dishes in 425 degree oven, covered for 15 minutes.
- While mac n’ cheese is baking, season rib eye steak with 2 tablespoons of chile d’arbol seasoning.]
- Heat black iron skillet over medium heat, add ½ ounce olive oil and heat.
- Place steak in pan and cook to ordered temperature. Serve with mac n’ cheese.