This protein-packed version of an Italian classic has savory hints of flavor from pan roasted mushrooms and truffle oil.
1 box Barilla Chickpea Rotini
1 shallot finely chopped
1/2 you ads mixed mushrooms, chopped
1 cups chicken broth
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1/4 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, diced
1/2 cups dry sherry
kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
1 tablespoon truffle oil
1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Meanwhile in a large skillet sauté the shallot in olive oil for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken thighs to the pan and brown for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and continue cooking for 2 minutes, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Deglaze with sherry wine then add, chicken broth.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until the chicken is very tender.
- Cook the pasta according to the directions. Drain and toss the pasta with the sauce, remove the skillet from the heat and add the butter, truffle oil parsley and cheese. Stir everything to combine.
Chef’s Recommendations for Garnish: Options for garnish: Parsley, Cheese, Chervil, Shavings of Truffle