Classic Southern flavors of burnt ends tossed with a horseradish-spiked white BBQ sauce and gemelli pasta.
Burnt Ends White BBQ Sauce Gemelli
6 pounds Barilla Gemelli
13 ounces canola oil
9 1/2 pounds burnt ends from bbq, chopped
18 cups mayonnaise
3 cups apple cider vinegar
1/3 cup minced garlic
3/4 cup brown mustard
2 tablespoons kosher salt
1 cup prepared horseradish
2 tablespoons black pepper
- Cook the Barilla pasta for half the time indicated on the package. Drain pasta and drizzle with some olive oil to prevent from sticking. Place pasta flat on sheet trays or hotel pans and cool in a blast chiller. Alternatively, cool it down in a walk-in cooler. Store in zip lock bags or sealed plastic container; refrigerate and use within several hours.
- For Horseradish White BBQ Sauce: Place all ingredients in large stainless steel bowl and whisk until combined well.
For each serving per order:
- Heat ½ ounce canola oil in large sauté pan over medium high heat.
- Add 6 ounces burnt ends and sauté for two minutes or until heated through.
- Add 6 ounces white bbq sauce and 2 cups gemelli pasta, toss until well combined and warmed through.