Simple and summery, this pasta looks best with a variety of colors of heirloom and cherry tomatoes. The flavor depends on the best-quality ingredients and freshest herbs.
4 pounds Barilla Bucatini
1 1/4 cups extra-virgin olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup fresh oregano, chopped
1 1/3 cups panko bread crumbs
Salt and pepper
4 pounds multicolored cherry tomatoes, halved
- Cook the Barilla pasta for half the time indicated on the package. Drain pasta and drizzle with some olive oil to prevent from sticking. Place pasta flat on sheet trays or hotel pans and cool in a blast chiller. tentatively, cool it down in a walk-in cooler. Store in zip lock bags or sealed plastic container; refrigerate and use within several hours.
- Mix together the bread crumbs, 10 tablespoons olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Spread them on a sheet pan and bake at 400 degrees until crisp and lightly golden. Set aside to cool.
For each serving, to order:
- Reheat about 1 2/3 cups pasta in simmering water.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a saute pan and add a pinch of garlic. Add about 2 1/2 ounces tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Cook until wilted.
- Drain and add the pasta and 1 teaspoon oregano. Toss and plate. Top with 2 teaspoons crispy bread crumbs.