Created by Chef Joe Natoli, Avendra Group
Broccoli Pesto With Linguine
3 lbs. Barilla Linguine
3 oz. Broccoli stem and floret
1 cup Pecan oil
3/4 cup Pecorino Romano
6 ea Garlic clove
6 tbsp Lemon juice
3 tsp Lemon zest
Salt to taste
6 tbsp Pecan chop fine
6 slices Prosciutto chop fine
9 oz. Bread crumb toasted
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, blanch broccoli drain and shock.
- Add to food processor, add pecan oil, garlic, romano, lemon juice, and pulse to combine.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the linguine for 10 minutes, reserving about 6 ounces of the water
- In a large bowl toss the pesto and Linguine, along with the reserved water as needed.
- Use a large fork twirl tight, place a zag of the pesto sauce on the plate, top with fork tight linguini, remove fork, garnish with the pecan prosciutto crumbs, lemon zest and a pinch of Romano, and a twist of Black pepper