An unusual combination makes a very flavorful and unique dish.
3 pounds Barilla pasta
3 pounds cut into 1/2-inch cubes pork tenderloin
12 ounces barbecue sauce
1/2 cup olive oil
1 1/2 pounds finely diced onion
3 tablespoons minced garlic
22 ounces cherry tomatoes, small, whole
54 ounces diced red, yellow and orange bell peppers
6 minced jalapeños
1 1/2 pounds peeled and diced mangos
24 ounces white wine
1 1/2 ounces chopped fresh cilantro
As needed grated parmesan cheese
- Mix the cubed pork with the barbecue sauce. Cover and refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours before cooking.
- Parcook the Barilla pasta for half the time indicated on the package. Drain and rinse with cool water.
- Toss with olive oil just to coat. Cover and refrigerate until needed (3 to 4 hrs).
- Sauté the onions and garlic in the oil until translucent. Add the pork and sauce and sauté until it is about half cooked.
- Add the mangos and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the wine and cilantro and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes until well combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
For each serving, to order: Combine 1 cup pasta and 1½ cups sauce in a pan and bring to a simmer. Heat through and garnish with Parmesan, if desired.