White Fiber pasta adds a nutritional punch to this vegetarian preparation. Use a variety of colors for the tomatoes to up the visual appeal. You can substitute asparagus for the green beans when in season.
Shells with Grape Tomatoes, Green Beans and Mozzarella
3 1/8 pounds Barilla White Fiber Shells
2 pounds green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 pounds mozzarella, diced
1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
24 leaves fresh basil, chopped
salt and pepper
4 cloves garlic, minced
17 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- Cook the Barilla pasta for half the time indicated on the package. Drain pasta and drizzle with some olive oil to prevent from sticking. Place pasta flat on sheet trays or hotel pans and cool in a blast chiller. Alternatively, cool it down in a walk-in cooler. Store in zip lock bags or sealed plastic container; refrigerate and use within several hours.
- Marinate the mozzarella in 1/2 cup of the oil and the basil. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Blanch the green beans in boiling water. Shock them in cold water.
For each serving, to order:
- Reheat about 1 1/3 cups pasta in simmering water.
- In a saute pan, heat 1 teaspoon oil and a pinch of garlic. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add 2/3 cup tomatoes and saute over high for 1 minute. Add 1 1/4 ounces green beans and heat through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the vegetables. Stir in about 1 1/4 ounces marinated mozzarella. Plate.