3 lb. Barilla Red Lentil Spaghetti
2 tbsp. cinnamon
4 tbsp. coriander
6 ea. medium green bell peppers, julienne
6 ea. medium yellow bell peppers, julienne
12 ea. garlic cloves, chopped
6 cups vegetable broth
Salt and black pepper to taste
1½ cups safflower oil or other mild oil
4 tbsp. cumin
6 cups yellow onion, julienne
6 ea. medium red bell peppers, julienne
3 ea. large eggplants, peeled and ½ inch diced
6 cups chopped canned tomatoes
2 cups fresh orange juice
2 ea. large bunches of cilantro, chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Meanwhile, in a large rondo, sauté onion with spices in oil for about five minutes. Add peppers, eggplant, and garlic. Cook for an additional 15 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, broth, and orange juice. Stew for 30 minutes over medium low heat.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the pasta according to the directions, drain, and toss the pasta with the sauce.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro.