Recipe created by Yury Krasilovsky.
3 pounds Barilla Red Lentil Penne
3/4 cup butter
3 large shallots, thinly sliced
12 garlic cloves
3/4 cup harissa
3 pounds mixed wild mushrooms, sliced
3 cups white wine
3 cups vegetable broth
90 ounces coconut milk
Salt and white pepper to taste
3 cups grated Parmigiano Reggiano
1/2 cup chopped parsley
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, meanwhile in a large rondo gently cook the shallots and garlic in olive oil for 3-4 minute over medium heat until fragrant.
- Add the harissa and cook for 2 additional minute.
- Add the mushrooms and increase the heat to high, season with salt and pepper and cook until lightly browned approximately 10 minutes.
- Add the white wine and reduce by ½ then add the broth and coconut cream and bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Cook the pasta according to the directions, drain and combine with the sauce.
- Remove the skillet from the heat then add the cheese and parsley, stir to combine.