Created by Chef Jeffrey Quasha, Morrison Healthcare
Barilla Protein+ Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Ramen
3 lbs Barilla Protein Plus Angel Hair (Par-cooked)
1 lb Charsu pork belly
4 lb pork Tonkotsu ramen broth
8 fried eggs
1 cup green onions, chopped
8 baby bok choy
8 oz edamame shelled
16 American cheese slices
8 oz Shiitake mushroom, fresh, stemmed, and sliced
1 tbsp canola oil
4 tbsp gluten-free low sodium soy sauce
1 oz brown sugar
2 tbsp garlic cloves, chopped
1 tbsp ginger root, minced
1 tbsp lemon grass
½ cup water
Charsu Pork Belly
- Pre-heat oven to 275 degrees F
- In a large pan heat the oil and sear the pork on each side for a golden brown color. And all of the ingredients to the pan and bring to a low simmer.
- Cover the pan with plastic wrap and foil and then place in the oven for 3 hours. Remove the pork from the oven and allow to cool over completely.
- Slice the cooled pork into ¼ inch slices. Place the pork belly slices on a griddle for two minutes and then flip and cook for another two minutes. Hold the hot pork belly slices for assembly.
Cheesey Ramen Broth Assembly
- Bring the prok tonkotsu ramen broth to a boil. Whisk in the American cheese to the broth. Remove the broth from the heat and hold hot for assembly.
Ramen Bowl Assembly
- Drop 6 oz. of par-cooked Barilla Noodles into a water bath. Also place 1 each baby bok choy cut in half in the hot water bath. Cook the noodles for two minutes before removing, and draining well.
- Place 6 oz. of the cooked Barilla noodles in the center of a coupe bowl. Top the noodles with hot baby bok choy pieces.
- Lay two slices of the pan seared pork belly bacon ober the bok choy. To the left of the noodles lay 1 oz. of shelled edamame. Below the edamame scoop 1 oz. of sliced shiitake mushrooms.
- Ladle 8 oz. of the cheesy ramen broth over the bacon and noodles. Garnish the bowl with 1 tbsp. of chopped scallions. You can also add 1 tsp. of sesame seeds and 1 tsp. of chili crisp.