Garlic enhances the sauce, while greens and mozzarella make for a delicious bite.
3 packages Barilla Oven Ready Lasagna
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
4 pounds ricotta cheese
24 ounces kale, beet, kohlrabi or any other vegetable top
12 cups whole milk
12 tablespoons butter
12 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon white pepper
8 cups shredded mozzarella
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. In a large rondo, saute garlic in olive oil for 1-2 minutes over medium heat, add the greens, and cook over medium heat for 4 minutes or until wilted. Set aside to cool down.
- In a large pot, melt the butter and whisk in the flour, cook the roux for 1-2 minutes, but don’t let it brown.
- Add the milk and gently bring to a simmer. Once the milk simmers, season with salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ricotta and greens, and season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
In a 2 inch deep, full hotel pan, pour 2 cups of béchamel sauce and top with 6 lasagna sheets. Top the lasagna sheets with ¼ of the ricotta and greens mixture. Then continue until you have used all the ricotta and béchamel sauce.
- Cover the lasagna with foil and bake in the oven for 35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with mozzarella cheese. Bake for an additional 10 minutes until cheese has melted.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool down before slicing.