Rich nuggets of lobster offset colorful tomatoes and basil in this light dish.
4 pounds Barilla Angel Hair
8 cloves minced garlic
4 pounds sliced, raw lobster meat
As needed pepper
2 pounds concasse plum tomatoes
1 1/3 cups extra virgin olive oil
3 pounds thinly sliced red onion
As needed salt
3/4 cup white wine
1/4 cup julienned fresh basil
- Cook the Barilla pasta for half the time indicated on the package. Drain pasta and drizzle with some olive oil to prevent from sticking.
- Place pasta flat on sheet trays or hotel pans and cool in a blast chiller. Alternatively, cool it down in a walk-in cooler. Store in zip lock bags or sealed plastic container; refrigerate and use within several hours.
For each serving, to order:
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil and saute 1/3 clove garlic and 2 ounces onion until translucent. Add about 2 1/2 ounces lobster meat and saute until just opaque. Season with salt and pepper. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons wine and about 1 1/2 ounces tomatoes. Bring to a simmer and stir in 1 teaspoon basil.
- Reheat 1 1/2 cups pasta in boiling salted water for 40 to 60 seconds. Drain and add to pan with 1/3 cup pasta water.
- Toss, plate, and drizzle with olive oil to finish.